Appetizers for 150

I just made appetizers for a party of 150 people! It was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. My friend Carol helped me prepare seven different dishes; a fruit and cheese platter, two chicken dishes, cucumber cups, salad skewers, quesadillas, and brownies. Didn’t have much left, so I guess they liked it. appetizer-party-0301appetizer-party-0311

This entry was posted in The Pantry and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Appetizers for 150

1. jeannieo says:

Looks beautiful — and who’s beautiful kitchen is THAT?

2. Julie says:

It’s not my kitchen, but you can have it for 6.8 million! (The rest of the house comes with it.)

3. Denise says:

The food looks good!! Are the Cucumber Cups hard to make and how long do they last in the fridge? What are salad Skewers?

4. Julie says:

Hi Denise,

The cucumber cups are pretty easy. I sliced them into about 1/4″ rounds the day before and kept them in the frigde in water so they would stay crisp. That day I also cooked the bacon, drained it and wrapped it well. The day of the party I made the mousse and put as much as possible into a pastry bag, so when I got to the party house all I needed to do was put the cukes on a platter, squirt a dollop of mousse on top and garnish with a little bacon chip. All parts would last about 5 days in the fridge.

The salad skewers were made of a cherry tomato, piece of feta cheese, kalamata olive, red onion, and another cherry tomato. I then drizzled them with a mediterranean vinaigrette. I stole the recipe from Giada De Laurentiis of Food Network fame.

5. KrisBelucci says:

Great post! Just wanted to let you know you have a new subscriber- me!

6. Julie says: